AGAIN... he requested Monkey Bread for breakfast. I burned it. Seriously. I read the temperature on the biscuit package for the biscuits, not the monkey bread and baked it about 75 degrees too high. After ruining his birthday breakfast, I shoved him off to school. Brandon was out of town, but we managed to have a fun day anyway. He wanted pizza for dinner, so we drove all the way to the closest Papa John's and bought three of their very best. We shared them with cousins and Aunt Tyfani (Mike was out of town too). We opened a few presents and Daxton got a cupcake (which he didn't eat). We were saving the major festivities for his party that Saturday.
Daxton said he wanted to go swimming for his birthday party... AGAIN. Since we've always been in Arizona, this has never been a problem in May. It was still cold though, so I set out to find an indoor pool. Turns out we have a huge indoor pool at the Lehi Rec. Center just a few miles from our house. They rent out rooms for birthday parties and we were all set to go!
Hyatt joined the fun.
Jessie, Steve, and Tildy stayed for pizza, presents, and cupcakes.
Brigham, an AZ friend who also moved to UT recently, was able to make it to the party. Daxton was thrilled.
Other guests included cousins Piper, Dallin, Haydon, Dawson, Uncle Chris, Aunt Andrea, Grandma Griesemer, Uncle Dayton, and several other friends of Daxton's
I didn't take my camera into the pool area and my mom just got a few pictures... unfortunately none of Daxton and his friends. But, this was a cute picture of Tabitha and Dayton when he took her up to go down the big slide.
This is Daxton's Birthday Interview:
Favorite Food: Bean and Cheese Burrito
Favorite Color: Silver
Favorite thing to do: Play Soccer
Favorite toy: Wii
Favorite Restaurant: Teppanyaki
What you want to do when you grow up: professional soccer player or air force pilot
Where do you want to go on your mission: Mexico or Arizona
How old is mom?: 32 (yep)
Favorite book: Swathbuck's Gold????
Favorite movie: Tron: Legacy
Least Favorite Food: None (he's right- this kid will eat anything and LOTS of it)
Best Friend- McKade
Favorite Show: Adventure Time
Some of the changes I've noticed in my Daxton over the last year... he's obsessed with his hair. He combs it all the time and in all different ways. He is very helpful lately, and sometimes even without throwing a fit. He grew several inches this winter. I know this because I couldn't keep him in jeans. Also, I think he is finally starting to listen to me. I feel like I have begged and pleaded for him to not lie, not manipulate, not shove things in the closet when cleaning his room, not tease his brother, etc. Now, I think he does it one or two less times in 10. That's progress.
Daxton is a great kid! I identify with him more than any of my kids. If I had to choose one of the kids that is the most like me when I was young, I would say it is Daxton. I can tell what he's thinking much of the time because it's the same way I think... or used to think. He has a really big heart, and doesn't like to hurt people's feelings (except his brother's), but he's also a know-it-all. He likes to have fun, and isn't afraid to ask for what he wants and he always wants more of something he likes. I love my Daxton and want to thank him for coming to our family first. He always says he hates being the oldest, but someone had to be, and I have to believe he was the one who took one for the team.
1 comment:
Amen Daxton, I feel you're pain. If you ever want to commiserate about it, you have my number. :)
Post a Comment