It just so happened that Brandon traveled a lot in April. It was NO FUN! I love that man, and when he's gone, my world is not right. I even cry when he leaves... maybe it has something to do with losing my dad after sending him off on an airplane... I don't know. Anyway, this post is supposed to be about Easter Eggs. It just so happened that Brandon was out of town when we colored this years eggs, which meant it wasn't nearly as fun as it usually is. Every year Brandon will sit for hours and draw very technical pictures on his eggs and the kids watch and tell him what else to draw. He is still "coloring" his eggs long after I've put the kids in bed and am ready to dump the dyes. This year it was "hurry and get them colored so I can get you all to bed and relax by my lonesome." And the Balzotti boys came over to color theirs. Did I mention that the Balzotti's moved two doors down? Well, they did... cousins all my kids ages (except Hyatt- they didn't jump on the 4th child bandwagon as fast as we did). Yes, so back to the egg coloring. Dye. Eggs. Balzotti's.
I had Hyatt strapped in his chair because I wanted him to feel involved, but didn't want to clean 12 different colors of dye out of the carpet that is under my dining room table (ridiculous spec home quirk). I even gave him an egg. I honestly thought he'd just hold onto it, but nope. Within seconds he'd smashed it onto the table.
He was giving me super silly squinty faces, kind of like the light was bothering his eyes. This is one that I captured.
Tabitha kept saying, "Mama, I color on the eggs." So I'd give her an egg and she'd hold it for a minute or two and then say, "Mama, Help me." I would draw something lame on it like her name, and ask her which color, and we'd drop it in a cup.
She finally got brave enough to draw on an egg of her own.
Our finished tray of boring eggs. We missed Brandon.
No comments:
Post a Comment