About half way through our 17 day trip I started making a list of all the fun things we'd done because I knew I wouldn't remember it all, and I didn't take pictures of everything. So here's the list, and then some pictures:
- The boys and Brandon went on the Alpine slide several times while mom and me and the babies...
- Went shopping in Park City. SCORE! It's my favorite thing.
- We then had a very good lunch/dinner at Red Rock Brewery. Tons of comfort food.
- My niece Matilda was blessed. (more below).
- We attended a Real Soccer Game. It was pretty great.
- There were fireworks after the game.
- Brandon, the boys, and my mom attended a demolition derby. They said it was loud, and a different crowd.
- My mom and the boys took the Frontrunner train from Layton to SLC and met the rest of us at Temple Square.
- We also attended the Church History Museum.
- Had lunch at the Lion House Pantry.
- We set of tiny, insignificant fireworks in the street in front of mom's house. A favorite 4th of July memory from my childhood.
- My mom has an amazing deck off the back of her house that is screened in and has speakers hooked up to a music system she runs from her iphone. We had a FABULOUS dinner on the deck with AMAZING weather and GREAT food. It was heavenly.
- We attended the Kaysville Water Parade. A separate post needs to be done on the significance of the parade alone. Maybe I'll get to that someday.
- We took family pictures (with the WHOLE family).
- Brandon job hunted.
- We fed the horses around the corner from mom's house a few times. Very disgusting.
- My boys made daily trips to Liz's. She's my mom's backyard neighbor who says she loves my kids and wants them to come visit all the time. They take her at her word. With no fences in my mom's neighborhood, it was really easy for them to walk on over.
- My mom took Daxton and Grady over to a friends house to pick fresh cherries.
- We attended the arts festival with Jessie, Steve, and Tildy. Turns out my kids are lame when it comes to the arts. They just wanted the food.
- I got to go to Gygi for the first time. It's a huge culinary warehouse. My impressions: not a specialty cake store, kinda overpriced, but a WONDERFUL selection of culinary goodies. I will go back, just not for caking supplies.
- We saw Despicable Me. GREAT movie. We all thought it was funny.
- The boys and Brandon went to Cowabunga Bay (a water park).
- We spent an afternoon at the Balzotti's (Brandon's sister's) so the boys could play with cousins. They slept overnight.
- We met our friends, the Anderson's, at a park in Pleasant Grove. They recently moved from Gilbert to Provo and we missed them.
The Real Game...
| The fans got to go to the field to watch fireworks after the game. This pic doesn't even begin to capture how many people there were. |
| The Crazy Fans. They didn't stop dancing and throwing confetti the WHOLE time. |
These are from the Kaysville Water Parade...
| Only in Utah. |
These are from Tildy's Blessing day...
These are from our day at Temple Square...


3 comments:
Sounds like a fun & successful trip! We could have run into eachother multiple times! :)
Mandy, we just got back from UT the night before school started, so I was happy to quickly find out that Brandon got a job. I'm so sad you'll be moving, but at least it's to a place we come and visit! I want to hear all the details soon - I've wanted to call you this week, but it's been crazy, and I'm sure you've been busy getting your house ready. I'll talk to you soon!
You forgot dinner with the bestest friend on earth! I'm just excited we will be doing that ALOT more once you move.
Post a Comment