Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daxton turns 8!

Daxton turned 8 on the 2nd of May. I cannot believe it. He is SO BIG! Well, he's actually kind of small for his age, but he's big to me! His birthday was on Sunday, so on Friday we took donuts in to his class. I was AMAZED at how shy and uncomfortable he got when everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. That is not the boy he is at home.



Hyatt was SO happy to be a party of the action!

On Sunday, his official birthday, he got the breakfast of champions- Monkey Bread! And NO, I did not TELL him that's what he had to have. I let him choose. I just happened to be very happy with his choice!

Brandon and I spent the day finishing up his cake. I LOVE it. It's my favorite so far.

After church we went over to Nana and Grandpa's to celebrate. He got lots of presents, but for space and time sake, here's a sampling. This is the cover for the new beanbag chair he got from Steve and Jessie.
Here he is on the scavenger hunt for his big present from Brandon and I.

The big reveal... a bike with gears.

Finally, it was time to blow out the candles. Tabs wanted to help, of course.

It was another successful birthday. We did a family party only, so we could focus more on the BAPTISM that is to come. I will edit this post with the birthday interview when I remember to do it!
Here's the birthday interview:
Favorite food: Bean and Cheese Burrito
Favorite Color: Silver
Favorite thing to do: Play Soccer
Favorite Toy: RC Planes
Favorite Restaurant: ESPN @ Disneyland
What he wants to do when he grows up: Soccer Champ or Pilot
Where he wants to go on his mission: Utah or Hawaii
How old is mom: 31 or 32 (I'm 31)
Favorite Book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Favorite Movie: How to Train a Dragon
Least Favorite food: Potatoes and Beans

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That cake is AMAZING! What a mom you are!

Anonymous said...

The cake not only looked amazing but it tasted amazing too! We are blessed to have Mandy in the family!