Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Um, What happened here?

I know, it looks like a scene from Dateline, but this is what I found one morning when I went in and got Tabs out of her room. Actually, the first thing I saw was her, covered in RED. Her jammie shirt was RED, all over the shoulders and collar. After I saw her, I looked at her toddler bed to see if the same RED was all over her bed. It was totally clean, so I was very confused. Then, I remembered that I let her sleep in her big bed that night. The same big bed with plain white bedding. ARGH!

My initial thought was that the RED was from the red velvet cupcakes I'd made the night before, but I didn't give her one, so that couldn't have been it. Upon closer examination, I noticed all the tiny seeds. She MUST have gotten into the strawberry patch without us knowing it. In true Tabitha fashion, she must have eaten more strawberries than her tummy could handle.

I promise she didn't make a peep that night. I don't know if she threw up, and then went right back to sleep, or she never woke up when she threw up. Sigh...

I wish I'd gotten a picture of her with her jammies on still. It was a sight to see.

2 comments:

Steve, Jessica, Matilda and August said...

Oh sad! What a feisty little one you've got!

Jessie said...

Oh my, that looks scary! I'm glad it's just strawberries!