Friday, April 30, 2010

A Shower for Matilda (and Jessie)

Duty calls when your only sister is about to have her first baby. Of course, I was thrilled to do it, and there was no way I was going to make it small and simple. This is my co-hostess, Jamie. She grew up on Bettina Lane with Jessie and I, and they were good friends through high school. Jamie wasn't about to give up the opportunity to be involved in the shower of the year either, so together we were ready to go OVER THE TOP! Jamie sent out the invitations for this ABC Themed shower.

My sister-in-law's, sister-in law : ) created more ADORABLE and PERSONALIZED onesies, and even a little dress this time! They say, "A is for Adorable", "B is for Beautiful", "M is for Matilda", and the dress just says Matilda. You can find Alyssa here.

Jamie made these adorable favors... a whole BUNCH of gumballs!


Jessie's friend Shannon gave her this basket of stuff that her and her 3 kids LOVE. Anything from books to medicines to a beautiful knit blanket that she made herself.


The flower arrangements were arranged by my beautiful and super fun Aunt Annie. She is my dad's sister, and her personality is an exact replica of my dad's... which is a little weird on a female. I adore her. I'm so glad she took over the arranging of the flowers because I was nervous about doing it.

This was my mom's gift to Jessie. We assigned each attendee a letter (to go with our alphabet theme), and my mom's was N. I thought she said it was for "Nostrarium wear", which was what they used to call swimming pools???. I tried to look it up and couldn't find it. Creative, nonetheless.


The proud Grandma...

Andrea with my adorable niece Piper. Piper got to join us for a FUN girls day!

Hyatt got to join us for a FUN girls day too! He was very well taken care of.

Jessie was telling Shannon some exasperating story. I was too far away to hear it, but I love to watch these two interact... they are such good friends. Oh, and baby Ian got to come for girls day too : ).

This is Jessie's mother-in-law and her sister-in-law.

Pretty flowers and the special book we made for Steve. We had each attendee bring a card with advice from an already daddy, so Steve can feel a little more prepared.


This was the pretty entrance I had planned, but no one got to see it because the DANG stucco guy came (WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT) to fix my mom's stucco around her front door. Since she's been trying to get someone to come out for two years, there was no turning him away... but I wasn't happy that everyone had to come through the garage.

And here's some of the food. Vanity Fair Catering in SLC catered it, and they did a great job. They came up with a menu that matched my ABC theme. We had, A- Asparagus Crespelle, B- Bruschetta, C- Chicken Lollipops with Orange Glaze, X- Xia (or Shrimp) Spring Rolls, Y- Yogurt Drizzled Fruit kabobs, and Z- Ziti and Herb Pasta Salad. It was all so yummy!







Oh, and here's where the most work went... the cupcakes.


Steve came near the end and received his special book, and another present from Annie. It was a very entertaining book that keeps it real.


I had such a great weekend with these FABULOUS women, and I can't wait to get together with them again!

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

The love is in the details and it looks like there was definately a lot of love there--beautiful!!

Niederfam said...

LUCKY ladies!!! So fun!!! Congratulations to Jessie, it's SO much fun when your sisters have babies, especially their FIRST!!!!!

Shannon said...

Oh my word... what was she telling me? It soooo must have been great but it escapes me now! I wonder if she'll remember, now I will have to ask.

Great party, great pics, good times!

I love love love the picture of you gals and your mom, adorable!

Renae S. said...

Everything's so pretty and the cupcakes are adorable! You are one talented woman!