Tabitha is in the 5th percentile for her height. That's down from the 10th percentile at her last visit. She weighed in at 21 lbs. (which was higher than it's ever been on my scale), and that was in the 1st percentile... down from the 5th percentile. They originally told me that as long as she didn't drop off the charts, they wouldn't worry. However, since she isn't staying on the same curve of the 5th percentile for her weight, they are being cautious. I am supposed to give her protein shakes (aka Pediasure) and try to bulk her up over the next month. Then I have to take her in for a weight check. It's all a little silly if you ask me. You can't see her ribbies. She's just a little thing, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus, that Pediasure is EXPENSIVE!
A week later I took Daxton in for his well-check and to get his ears tested. It turns out that he has some hearing issues with his right ear and we have to see the ENT again. He's had tubes twice already, so I'm not looking forward to that visit. Here's his stats:
Height- 48.75 inches or 28%
Weight- 52 lbs. or 30%
BMI is 15.4 or 40%
Dr. Amy says he'll be at least 5'9", and could be as tall as 6'. That's good news I guess.
I warned Daxton (my SUPER modest one) before we went into the office that the Dr. was probably going to want him to take his clothes off. He was skeptical that this would happen, but when the nurse gave him a cover-up and asked him to strip down to his underwear, he was freakin'. He did it reluctantly and made me stand between him and the door so that when someone came in no one in the hallway would see him in his cover-up. I told him that she would probably need to check his private parts and of course I told him that this is OK, ONLY because she's a doctor and because I was there. Dr. Amy came in and did the exam and got to the part where she needed to check his private parts. She pretty much gave him the same spiel I did and then in about .5 seconds she checked him out. It was so fast he didn't even know what happened and just looked at me wide-eyed when it was over. When I took him back to school he kept saying, "mom, that was weird."
He didn't have to get any shots, and other than his hearing, he's a healthy little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment