Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Lately...

I feel so overwhelmed even coming here to my blog. I'm so behind on my posts, yet I cannot bring myself to spend the time working on something "trivial" right now. I know it's important, but more important things are going on in our lives right now. Brandon is looking for a job, which basically means I am looking for a job for him. Any free time that I have is spent looking for jobs, applying for jobs, re-writing his resume, and just generally worrying over the whole thing. He still has his job, but we'll just say that he took a huge pay-cut. He got his last full paycheck a week and a half ago and I'm stressing. STRESSING! It's tough to be out looking right now. I know there is a reason we are experiencing this, so I'm not mad and I'm not bitter. I just want to know what our future holds. We are looking for jobs in Utah, so I want to know if that's where our future is. The job market seems to be a little less saturated there and it feels right, but we're just waiting to see. In the meantime, I'm an emotional eater, I've discovered. I'm not going back on weight watchers until this whole thing is over : ). If you happen to know someone who works in HR and has sales positions open, pass us their name and number. We are looking at EVERYTHING!

So, that's the main event in our little family. Here's some little tidbits of info I want to mention, but haven't had time to extrapolate on.

My mom came home 6 days ago. Of course, I'll write a big long post on this when time permits. We are thrilled to have her. Our world seems more right now.

Tabitha got a new nickname while we were in Utah for my mom's arrival. Her Uncle Steve now calls her STABS. Apparently she tried stabbing Daxton with a pencil several times during Sacrament meeting, and then kicked him in the side of the head. Just typical Tabitha behavior.

Hyatt is ROLLING! So proud of him!

Hyatt was officially diagnosed with RSV last week. He was SO MISERABLE! It was sad. Tabitha was sick too, and they said she possibly had RSV, but I don't think that was it. She's almost completely better. We've had ALL FOUR KIDS in to the doctor and on Amoxicillan during the last 3 weeks. When it rains, it pours!

Of course, with our limited income, our washer is totally on the fritz, our garbage disposal is totally broken, we have a very leaky window, and the kids get sick. PERFECT!

4 comments:

barbafamily said...

Hi Mandy!

I think this is the first time I've left a comment on your blog :-) I always read it but never comment. I just wanted to send you a hug...you have a lot going on right now, a lot to think about and a lot weighing on your mind. I will keep your family in our prayers. I know our Heavenly Father is in control and that always brings me peace. Keep your head up and good luck :-)

Love, Angela

Shanen said...

O Mandy I am so sorry yuo have so many things to deal with. I hope all fo your kids are feeling better now. WHen they start feeling better, it will help you too. What a great blessing to have your mom home. I bet it was so wonderful to see her. And when the time it right, you will find something, and if Utah is the answer, what a blessing it will be to have mom close by. Keep praying, something good will come of it.

Trish said...

Thinking of you. Praying for your family. Much love to you Mandy!

Nichols Family said...

Your boys mentioned something to me at running club and I was freaking out. I truly hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family! Good luck with the job search. I hope you get to stay in AZ though. We love you guys! Sooo glad you get to have your mom home again though! Prayers and hugs from us!