Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cakes

Here's some more pictures of some cakes I've done recently.

A cake for Daxton's teacher, Mrs. Hancock:


A cake for Grady's teacher, Mrs. Neal:

Grady says to me, "Mom, why is she looking up?" Good question Grady: )
Mrs. Neal called me later that day after she received her cake. I wasn't there to drop them off. She was so nice and grateful for her gift. She said the cakes were the talk of the office that day. She was calling to ask how to store it for a week because she is hosting Christmas and wants it to be her centerpiece. I was flattered. They did turn out really cute, if I do say so myself. This was my first attempt at figures.


And here's my second attempt at figures. A couple of days later, I did this baptism cake for a blondie named Makenzie. I think it turned out pretty cute. It was 5 layers of Vanilla cake with Raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. I sprayed it with an edible pearl spray to make it a little more shimmery and girly.



And these are some cupcakes I did for a baby shower a couple of weeks ago. I made 40 of them and they turned out SO CUTE! Cupcakes are FUN!

3 comments:

Niederfam said...

WOW!!!!! You CONSTANTLY amaze me!!!! So so cute. and I bet they taste good too!!!

Heidi said...

You are so good at it Mandy!

Chelsea said...

Oh I just love the Christmas cakes, adorable! and that baptism cake too! you're on fire!