Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hyatt's Status


So, our little man is 3 weeks old. I figured that since I don't have a baby book for him I should keep track of his stats here on the blog.

Hyatt was born weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. He was our smallest baby. At his one week appointment, he was 6 lbs. 9 oz. Then at our 2 week appointment- which we pretty much paid for just so he could sit on the scale- he weighed in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. Our smallest baby before him was 7 lbs. 6 oz., so it's taking him a little time to catch up. Maybe that's why his sleeping patterns are all messed up too. He's had one really good night where he slept for over 5 hours. Most nights he sleeps about 2.5 hours at a time, but we've had a few nights where we are up every 1.5 hours. Those are REALLY exhausting!

We just switched him to a faster flowing bottle, hoping he'll eat more and gain faster, thus SLEEPING longer!

He has been very aware the last couple of days, like when he is looking at me he is actually SEEING me. His eyes have become more clear and it appears they are going to be blue. Big surprise, eh? I seem to remember, though, that Grady's appeared to be going blue and ended up hazel. Time will tell.

He hasn't had too many changes other than those. Still wearing those teensy newborn diapers, and swimming in most of his clothes. Still has the delicious newborn cry- though it is as loud as I remember Daxton's being, which is LOUD. He still has the softest hands and lots of extra skin on his super skinny arms and legs. He doesn't seem to be showing signs of obtaining fat rolls.

He's a wonderful baby who puts up with a whole lot of tough love from his sister. If she gets ahold of him she will drag him by his foot or hand across the floor. I left him on the floor for a minute the other day and she started picking him up. When I yelled her name she dropped him back down. It sounds worse than it was, but just goes to show what this boy has to go through. I hope he knows it's because she loves him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When Savvy was little like Hyatt, I couldn't leave her on the floor when Neelah was awake. She really didn't get good tummy time or just time on the floor in general. I think that is why it took her so long to crawl...

Neelah would poke her in the eye or stick her finger in Savvy's ear.

Courtney said...

So, this is what I have to look forward to in just 6 short weeks! Yippee! I have a feeling my new baby will not get as much one-on-one and attention as Lukas did!