Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hyatt at One Month

My sweet boy is 5 weeks old now, but it was a busy week and I didn't get a chance to post after his One Month appointment. He's a whopping 8 lbs. 6 oz. and he peed all over the wall and the scale and the nurse when he got weighed : ). I know you all want to hear about his bowel movements, so I'll tell you something else. The boy takes every opportunity his diaper is off to poop. Luckily we've caught it with a diaper almost every time, but SERIOUSLY- talk about a ticking time bomb. The only way we can "catch" it is because he's the loudest pooper ever and he grunts like CRAZY. Aren't you glad you know that now?
After his appointment on Monday I decided it was time to put my foot down and stop catering to his every nutritional desire. He only gets to eat every 3 hours. I NEED him to get on a schedule. He's been sleeping, or should I say waking, a little more consistently now. I'm happier and a little less tired. We also moved him to his room this week. He's the only child we've had who got to sleep in our room for longer than 2 nights. It's time for him to get acquainted with the room I've worked so hard on.
Hyatt's also got his big Grandpa's hairline, at least for now. He loses more hair every day and I think his forehead is now a full 5 inches which is a lot when you consider how tiny his head is. I need to get some pictures of this adorable little trait. Like I said, busy week. Not that that's a good excuse for not recording the precious moments that will never ever happen again. OK, now I feel guilty.
With him being my baby forever, because he's my youngest, I think one of the things from this stage of babyhood I'll miss the most is the scrunched up stretch that he does... that all my babies have done. When you pick them up and their arms go up and legs pull up and back arches. Oh, how I love that!
You're probably going to hear a lot about what I'll miss about babies, but rest assured, it does not mean I wish to have more. ; )

No comments: