Sunday, October 25, 2009

A-Hiking we will go

We originally had zero plans to leave for fall break and I made an attempt to keep us all busy and out of the house because I just couldn't fathom staying home with my 4 Rowdies for 2.5 complete weeks. We went to the train park in Scottsdale and the kids camped in the backyard with Brandon. We had a few lunches out, and the boys went to play with friends a few times. At the last minute, we decided to go to St. George for a mini-family reunion with Brandon's family. His sister Tyfani and her family with his brother Dayton were meeting us there. Brandon's parents graciously agreed to take Daxton and Grady with them when they left Wednesday morning and we left Thursday morning and drove up with Hyatt, Tabitha, Kayson and Austin.
Everyone who was already there on Thursday went hiking in Zions. The kids all started the course to get their Junior Ranger badges. On Friday we went back to Zions to hike some more and it was BEAUTIFUL! It was just perfect for me because I was really feeling the lack of fall leaves in my life. We ALWAYS go to Salt Lake for fall break and I get my fill of crisp fall weather and Park City and the beautiful changing leaves. I loved the hiking. It was so nice to not be hugely pregnant! I carried Hyatt the whole way in the baby bjorn and Brandon carried Tabs on his back.
This is all of us watching the video for the Junior Ranger badges:






Aw, a girl and her daddy:

All tuckered out:


How many people can play one DS?

Saturday was more of a relaxed day. Brandon's dad and all his sons, with Tawsi and the boys and their cousins, went to play Racketball at the rec center and then stayed to play for a long time. Tyfani and Rachelle and I, along with the babies, stayed home and chatted in the morning and then went to do some shopping. We hit the Barnes and Noble first, which is a favorite for all of us. Its so nice to not have to take all the kids there. I bought the second Hunger Games book, called Catching Fire, and I am working my way through it now. I LOVE this series. I would have finished the book last week if it hadn't been for Boutique.
After the book store we headed over to Tai Pan and it was exhilarating to be in my happy place. Most of what I bought was Christmas decorations.
We finished up the day with dinner at Pirate Pizza and going to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs".
The next morning we headed for home base. I love a good road trip.

No comments: