I know it's been forever since I updated, and the sad thing is it has nothing to do with lack of time. It's more a matter of lack of motivation. I'm sitting around this week just WAITING for this baby to decide he's ready to come. My body is ready, my house is ready, and Brandon and I are ready. So what's the deal? I guess that since this is my last baby I'm getting to experience the "JOYS" of pregnancy just a little longer.
I went to the doctor today and met with my favorite NP, Lori Driggs. I swear I've seen her more than I've seen any doctors. Anyway, she checked me and kept saying "Oh my!". I guess that means she doesn't usually see someone as progressed as I am who isn't in labor. I am dilated to a 4 and about 75% effaced. The baby is low, which I already knew because I felt him drop on Sunday night when I picked up a basket full of laundry. She wouldn't let me try to sit up on my own for fear it might do something, which is a little bit crazy since the goal is to go into labor and get this kid out!
On another note, the plan this time around has been to take Daxton with us to the hospital. I was actually in the delivery room at the ripe old age of 8 when my mom gave birth to my little brother. Although I came through un-traumatized, my sister, who was 10 at the time, didn't. So, I didn't want Daxton in the delivery room, but he did express an interest in being there when the baby was born. We've arranged for Brandon's little sister to sit with him in the waiting room. If the baby comes during the day, we told Grady he could come to. The dumb Swine Flu is messing up all of our plans! The hospital won't even allow a child under 12 in the door right now. I could deal with them not being there for the delivery, but I'm having a really hard time with the fact that my 3 kids won't get to meet their brother until he's 3 days old, and home from the hospital. Not to mention the fact that I won't get to see them for 3 days.
I know I'm overly emotional these days, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some compromises here. Can't the kids wear masks and gloves or something? What about the people who are confined to the hospital for long periods of time and have little kids? It's just not fair. Adults are getting the swine flu too, and they're still letting them in.
That's my childish rant for the day. This is the last opportunity my kids will have to be a part of the birth of a sibling and I'm just upset that it's being taken away from them. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to get the flu, but I don't want them to miss this experience either.
Alright, I've said enough for today. I need to go climb some stairs or something.
4 comments:
Oh I so totally know how you feel! Cloee was 3 months old when we brought her home and Carlee and Cade had to wait that long to see her. It broke their hearts every day when I'd head to the NICU to visit her and they knew they couldn't go. I totally feel your pain!!!! It messes up plans big time!!! I agree with the masks, gloves, etc idea.
On a side note... Cloee and I stopped in at Gateway hospital yesterday (this was the 1st hosp I was in) to visit some of my favorite nurses and I had NO clue about the swine flu and no kids under 13 allowed in. I just walked in with Cloee and then got a million questions. I was able to just summon a few of the nurses and they came to see me. You can always try to have Brandon 'sneak' the boys in really quickly like during the evening when things are calmed down around there.
That's crazy. Nice that they are being so protective, but I agree some situations and gloves & masks should be allowed. I'm sorry!
Mandy, what hospital are you delivering at? I heard that after Oct 1st that would be the case for everyone who wasn't a sibling but that was the policy at Mercy at the time of my hospital tour.
That is soooo lame! I can't believe they can't be at the hospital even with a mask. Sorry, but the good news is you'll be having a baby SOON! Now just use that same mind power you used with Tabitha...Good luck!
Post a Comment