
My Sweet Grady. The last post about Grady didn't show his best side, so I wanted to post this update. Grady has had an AWESOME two weeks of school. He has worked so hard to be a different boy than he was on the first day. After that first day, and after he had his "Father's Blessing" he prayed in EVERY prayer that Heavenly Father would help him get a blue light. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this system, each child starts with a green light every day and it can go down to yellow or red, or up to blue if he goes the extra mile.
I was half tempted to email his teacher and tell her that he was praying for this and trying really hard to get a blue light, just so she might pay better attention. How little faith I have! I didn't need to tell her to watch more closely. She noticed him "holding an extra big bubble" in his mouth when they were walking to recess on Tuesday. Basically this means his lips were sealed and his cheeks were all puffed up like he has a big ball in his mouth-- it's to keep the kids quiet. She gave him a blue light! He came home and told his dad all about it and he was so proud and he said, "Heavenly Father answered my prayers!" Brandon was so happy for Grady and suggested that maybe at bedtime he say a prayer of thanks. Grady said, "I'm going to do it right now!" So Brandon and Grady said a prayer of thanks.
At dinner that night, Grady was asked to bless the food. I thought praying for a blue light would be done now that he'd gotten one, but nope, he asked for help in getting another one.
Yesterday afternoon I sent his teacher an email, just thanking her for paying attention to how hard he's trying. I told her about all of his prayers and she sent me this email back:
Hi Mandy,That's right! He got ANOTHER blue light yesterday! Daxton probably got 3 through his entire year 1st grade year, so for Grady to get two in one week is impressive. I'm so proud of him and he's still praying for more blue lights. I love that this is building his faith. He's been SO pleasant to be around these past two weeks, an angel really. He gives me unsolicited hugs and kisses and tells me he loves me at the most random times. It's wonderful. I'm so happy he's the blue light boy instead of the monster student of the year. GO GRADY!
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!!!! I am sure he was so excited to tell you he got another today for doing such a great job in the computer lab! I have to tell you that Grady is a huge helper, he is always trying to help the other kids stay on task and finish their work. If they are struggling he is always the first one over there to help them out. I am so glad I found the real Grady, I really enjoy him, he is such a great kid.
Thanks for your support and communication,
:)Angie
1 comment:
He was so cute when he was at Jayden's party and told me all about the blue lights. I'm glad he's doing so great and I'm glad things are looking good with your new little man. He is so cute, those 3D's are amazing.
Post a Comment