For those who are looking for an update on the baby in my tummy (whose name might be Hyatt : )... I went to my appointment. I didn't get to meet with a doctor, but the NP seemed pretty unconcerned. I don't know if she was acting that way to not get me hyped up and worried or what. I'm pretty level headed and I've had 3 other babies, so although I'm concerned, I'm not sad and weepy and freaking out.
I've been scheduled for a Level 2 ultrasound next Monday. They'll check all the anatomy in detail. After the ultrasound we should at least know if his body parts are all fine. That doesn't rule out any chromosome problems, but even if our baby's cord was normal we wouldn't know if he had those problems til after he came out.
Like I said in my last post, my biggest concern is still that the blood flowing through the cord will slow down to the point of him not being able to survive. That is the scariest prospect for me. I'm hoping that after the ultrasound they'll tell me that they're going to continue to watch the blood-flow in the cord really closely.
I'll post updates as they come.
3 comments:
Mandy, I wanted you to know that I know exactly what you are going through. Ethan had the exact same thing. When we found out we did all the research we could and just prayed that he would be okay and he was. I know that Amanda was checked, via ultrasound, pretty frequently to make sure everything was normal. I have to say that having constant ultrasounds made me a lot less worried. I do know that babies with this can come early, but Ethan was actually late. I hope that everything goes well for you and that your level 2 ultrasound comes out perfect.
Mandy - I hope everything is okay for Baby Hyatt (I love that name - I voted for it!)! I'm sure everything will be great - you just get to see him more on screen during your pregnancy - that's not bad right!? I will be thinking of you and hoping all turns out great!
We will pray for you, but I am sure you will both be just fine.
Post a Comment