Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Boys New Room

With the arrival of a new baby boy comes the need to rearrange our bedroom situation. It made the most sense to move the boys downstairs into the guest room (or what used to be the guest room) and put the baby in their old room. So, the redecorating wheels started to turn and this is how I painted the walls in their new room. They have a bathroom attached to their room, which they think is pretty cool.

The light blue in the picture is off. It's more of a colonial blue with more gray in it, but I love how the paint job turned out. It only took me 3 weeks to prep the room with all the taping and caulking that had to be done. We spent one day painting and ran out of paint for the wall you can't see in the picture. Just another quart of paint and another hour and it should be done. However, we've moved all their stuff in and they are thrilled to be there.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh yay! glad you posted this, I knew some renovations were going on when I drove by one night and the windows to that room were open. FUN! love the stripes!

Heidi said...

Wow that looks like a ton of work and it turned out great!

Crystal said...

Looks great, Mandy! I can appreciate the work that went into those stripes. I love it!
btw, you're way ahead of the game, congrats...I just painted my baby's nursery yesterday!