Saturday, March 14, 2009

Woes of Pregnancy

Alright, so if you've been hiding under a rock recently and you didn't know, I am pregnant.  I'm ready to move out of the baby stage of my life and into the next stage... whatever that is.  However, Brandon and I knew there was one more to come.  We had thought Tabitha might be our last, but soon after she was born, we discovered otherwise.  So, why not get it done sooner rather than later.  Tabitha is very busy, but she's also very happy which makes having another one not seem so scary.
The surprise came when we got pregnant without really trying (never happened before).  Yes, Brandon was a little disappointed about this.
Anywho, I was having terrible lower back pain (which I only get when I'm pregnant) for a week or so when it occurred to me that maybe I could be pregnant.  I bought a test one night and the next morning it was confirmed.  I really didn't know how far along I could be, but that pink line came up faster than it ever has before.
My back pain has continued to worsen as time has gone by, despite my seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week.  It's definitely worse with this pregnancy than it ever has been.  The bad thing is, it's much worse if I sew.  Well, you guys know that I SEW.  It's what I do.  I wasn't going to give it up... and besides, how could I?  I have orders to fill.  Nonetheless, I am having to make that hard decision.  I've been really pushing myself to get orders done.  I push myself to the point of not being able to walk at the end of the day.  It's got to stop.  My kids are even more neglected and I have to depend on Brandon a lot more.  Walking is important!
So, as I sit here in Utah, on my sister's couch, I haven't sat at a sewing machine in 3 days and my back actually feels pretty decent.  I think my mind is made up.  I'm going on an extended maternity leave.  I'll finish the orders I have when I get home and then I'll take a break from doing orders for strangers.  I still have several projects that I want to do, the difference will be that I'll do them at my own pace.  I can't leave my sewing machine untouched for 9 months!  There's too many cute things to make.
I don't want this post to seem like I'm complaining.  I'm thrilled for this new life to come to our family.  Each one  that has joined us brings a wonderful new dynamic.  It's true that I don't spend as much time thinking about this pregnancy... I just don't have that time anymore.  But it doesn't make me any less excited.  Who doesn't love a fresh new baby, directly from our Heavenly Father?  We are blessed.

8 comments:

Rob and Jenn said...

We are thrilled for you guys. Take it easy...orders can wait...your health cannot!

Let us know when your due date.

Jessie said...

Congratulations!

Yes, more details please. When are you due? Do you know what you are having? Names picked out?

Enjoy your last pregnancy! It is a special time!

Unknown said...

Mandy, If you have time, lets get together...let me know. email me

Chelsea said...

Oh man, I am sorry! I didn't realize you had such back pain! let me take your charming boys next week.

Jennifer Asplund said...

It's TWINS! I just know it!

MommyRohner said...

Thanks Jen for those wonderful well wishes, but it's not Twins. I've already had an ultrasound to make sure of that!

Alisa Larson said...

Wow woman! I cannot believe you are doing this again. More power to ya!!

harmon family said...

I heard a while ago that you were expecting. Congrats. You guys have the cutest kids.