Daxton joined the Weinberg Running Club this season. In the beginning he was determined to be the fastest kid in school. Over time, though, he realized how hard it is to run and run and run, especially since he was running against sixth graders. He went through a lull in the middle of the season, where he would just walk most of the time. I was proud of him for staying excited and continuing to go, even though he wasn't the fastest. When the races started (against 3 or 4 other schools), he didn't even come close to winning a ribbon, but it didn't stop him from doing his best.
Finally, before the last race, his dad told him he just needs to run steady... like a jog. Daxton had been taking off at his fastest and getting so tired that he'd walk most of the way. At the final race, Daxton took his dad's advice and ran the whole time. He didn't get a ribbon, but he improved and I am proud of him for sticking with it.

He's showing me that he lost his tag.
2 comments:
MY KIDS DO RUNNING CLUB AT CTA TOO.. AND HATE IT. I AM THAT EVEIL MOM THAT FORCES THEM TO COMMIT TO IT JUST FOR THE SAKE OF A LITTLE EXERCISE HERE AND THERE!!!
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS GO TO CTA? I THOUGHT THAT YOU LIVED IN SHAMROCK?
your kids are so super duper cute!
Post a Comment