Friday, January 02, 2009

Out with the Old, In with 2009!

Happy New Year! Where does the time go?

We spent New Years at Nana's again. What a funny group of people to hang out with. Nana suggested we put on some music and dance, but balked when we suggested she be the one to dance. When it came right down to it though, she and Grandpa got things started in a big way. I was laughing so hard.

Here's a little video, but not even the funniest moment of the night. That would probably be when Nana was shimmy-ing and doing hip pops with Tyfani later on.




Doing the YMCA! LOL!!!!

Nana decided to forgo the pricey cardboard new years hats for her supply of costume hats. It was a fun idea. What a handsome king... (Oh, and this is me where I sat the entire night. It was more fun to laugh at everyone than to be laughed at.)

And such pretty bonnets!


Nana also got out her instruments for the kids to celebrate midnight (at 9:45). Daxton got to be the confederate drummer.

Nana with all the cousins...

Tabitha is caught red handed in Nana's pantry. This is my kids favorite place at Nana's house. She keeps the fruit snacks at grandchild level.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Wow! Your family has some sweet moves! Maybe they can come give us some lessons.

I love how Tabitha knows just where to go to get a belly full! So cute!

Niederfam said...

Looks like a VERY fun tradition, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.

Heidi said...

I totally would have danced with Papa! Looks like it was a great time. How fun.

foreveryoung said...

What a fun Christmas! You guys ae lucky to have family close to celebrate with. I can't get over little Tabitha walking all over the place. And I'm cracking up about the fruit snacks. That's the first thing Grady goes for when he comes to my house too. Come on Mandy, ignore the fact that they cause the majority of cavities and get those poor deprived kids some fruit snacks already! :)