The pantry in this house is RIDICULOUSLY small. For the size of my house, I should think it would be at least 40 cubic feet, but NO. It is a small closet. In fact, I think it's smaller than the pantry I had in the 1200 s/f house we owned before this one. So, after considering building a whole wall and taking up 1/3 of my family room to build a big pantry, we came up with a better plan. Actually, we copied a better plan.
My friend Jamie has the same house as me. Her hubby put shelves in her big coat closet. I was envious, and I decided this was a much better plan than doing a partial remodel. I put Brandon to work the following Saturday and here's the result.
My friend Jamie has the same house as me. Her hubby put shelves in her big coat closet. I was envious, and I decided this was a much better plan than doing a partial remodel. I put Brandon to work the following Saturday and here's the result.
Before
After
One day. $100. Project complete. It felt like Christmas.
6 comments:
Way to go Brandon. I did a similar remodel in our last home. Sometimes the cheapest/simplest ideas are the best,
totally good idea. i feel your pain on the pantry issue. ours is like a mini broom closet. pathetic.
I do so love a handy man AND smart friends to copy!!!
yeah, we have the same tiny pantry over here. BOO Richmond American!! what were they thinking? Oh well, you made it work! I have always wanted one of those under the stairs closets! we are using our office closet as our food storage/attic.
I am so jelious! I want to copy you and Jamie too!
NICE, look at your personal "Handy Manny" :)
Post a Comment