Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Grand Finale

It was two weeks that Daxton had off of school for spring break. It was the first time he's had a break that long and we didn't go to Utah to visit Grandma. We did a lot of things to keep ourselves busy, and myself from going crazy. We visited the train park in scottsdale, spent some time at Nana's, went to see a movie, went to lunch, and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. But, the final thing we did was have tubes put in Daxton's ears again. He had a 30% hearing loss in both ears, so it was time to remedy the situation. He got his tubes on Tuesday and was fine from the moment he woke up from anesthesia. He went to school yesterday and he seems to be talking alot quieter and listening a lot more. Music to my ears.


11 comments:

Aut said...

I love all of the updates! What a fun easter! Maybe I need to put tubes in my kids ears...they sure don't listen to me!

Nichols Family said...

Great!!!! Good news! I agree with the above person...my kids don't listen to me either. Either they need tubes or I need a megaphone.

Chelsea said...

love all the new posts, I will have to try the casserole..in fact I made that tater-tot one you had at your baby shower & I was so hooked, I ate tons of it there & then ate it almost every day this week for lunch. So thanks for that! I didn't know Daxton got tubes, poor guy! and twice! how does he have the hearing loss, from ear infections??

BTW, I forgot to tell you, when Daxton was over, he wanted a snack. Then he asked if I had peaches, nectarines, or blackberries! what a sophisticated palate he has already! & then I asked him why he is so cute, and he said, "I don't know. God just made me that way." He's hilarious.

Pam Jorgensen said...

Those tubes are miracle workers, aren't they??

Michael and Brinn said...

What a handsome son you have. It's crazy that you already take your kids to the tanning beds! They'd look cute with out that golden tan too!j/k I hope the tubes work out well.

Niederfam said...

Good lcuk with the tubes, glad it was "easy" hope it keeps being music to your ears....:)

Unknown said...

LOVE THE PICTURES! I was going to mention that we needed to see more of your little Tabitha!

Alisa Larson said...

I didn't know he had tubes put in. That must have freaked you out! I'm glad he did so well.

foreveryoung said...

So many great updates! First of all, poor Daxton! Glad it wasn't too traumatizing and that the tubes are working their magic. What a fun Easter, I am going to have to try that casserole. I've loved everything you've made so I've learned to trust you! And that Tabitha is way too cute, it's no wonder that she's got you all wrapped around her finger!

Heidi Ann said...

Yeah for quieter voices! You have the cutest kids! I love that little girlies cheeks and your boys are so very handsome!

Crystal said...

Yea!!! I love tubes...well I love 'em AFTER they wake up from the drugs, but they do make life easier.