When I was in college, at ASU, I lived in an apartment complex called the Jefferson Commons. There were lots of friends who lived in the same complex, and of course, none of us went home for Easter because we'd just had Spring Break. Us girls decided we'd have a potluck Easter brunch. It just so happened that the night before Easter I went on a first date. It was a date I'll never forget. My date and I went to the Easter pageant as a part of a group. When the pageant was over we all split up and it was my date and my job to pick up some ice cream at the store. We'd parked in some neighborhood around the temple and it took us awhile to find our car. That was OK though because we were having a really great time just talking and walking. Anywho, while we were at the store I remembered that I needed to buy an egg slicer to make my casserole for the next day. We spent a lot of time walking around the store looking for an egg slicer. By the time all was purchased and we got back to the group there was all kinds of teasing going on about where we had been and what we could possibly have been doing all that time. That was my first date with Brandon, minus the kiss at my door (ooh la la). So you see, that casserole has great meaning in my life :).
When we dye eggs all I am really thinking about is that wonderful meal that will come of it, and I always consider boiling twice as many eggs so we can have the meal twice.
2 comments:
Sooo fun to hear about your first date with your to-be-hubby! I remember this casserole from my high school days...yummy!
I think this recipe needs to be added to Jamie's recipe blog so we can all try it :)
Post a Comment