Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Working Hard

I decided several weeks ago that I didn't want to deal with the boys asking for EVERYTHING they saw while we were at Disneyland. So, Brandon and I came up with a list of chores for them to do to earn some money. After a little convincing... and some threats of no toys from Disneyland... they got to work. It was wonderful to see them working so hard together. Here they are cleaning off the patio furniture.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have the same thing going with Brayden, and its starting to wear off! He wants this $20 toy at Target & I told him it would take over a month to save up if he did his chores EVERY DAY! He was very unhappy with that answer & now wants to give up! Grrr. I can't believe Grady said "Mom we are so lucky!" What a sweetheart!! Oh my! Can you come teach my kids a thing or two? please?

Nancy said...

Mandy that is so funny because we are doing the same thing with Sam and Emma for our trip to California. So yesterday sam sold gatorade and today emma sold cookies. I will be posting pictures soon of it. It is a really good way for them to learn about money

Kari said...

What a good mom you are to teach them to work for what they want!! My girls are currently trying to earn "tickets" so they can get a treat at Disney Princesses on Ice!! Some days it works, some days they are in the negative!!