Monday, February 25, 2008

3 Parks in 3 Days

We planned our trip to California at Christmas time, knowing that my mom would be going on her mission sometime in March or April. We've been talking about going to Disneyland practically since Daxton was born, but of course we wanted to wait until he was big enough to ride most of the rides. Since Grandma was leaving for two years it seemed like an opportune time. What a weekend it was. We went last weekend for Presidents Day, and what do you know... we weren't the only one's that had that idea. Disneyland was SUPER busy, but we plugged away and managed to get in some of the big rides before it got dark. I stayed outside with Tabitha for a lot of the rides, but we had our own fun with all the people watching (OK, she was sleeping, but I had fun).


Daxton, Brandon, and Grady coming off Tarzan's Tree House.


Sweet Tabitha, doing what she does best.


The boys at Mickey's House


Meeting Mickey at his house.


Grandma and the boys before "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience".


After a seemingly short day at Disneyland we headed over to the Disneyland Hotel for dinner with Goofy! We ate at this really great place called Goofy's Kitchen. I HIGHLY recommend it. The summary on the internet said that they have at least five characters wandering around on any given evening, but I think we had more. We met Goofy (he's there every night), Jasmine, Chip and Dale, the prince from Sleeping Beauty (so polite). It is a buffet style restaurant with kids foods like PB&J pizza, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, and much more, but also has prime rib and big people food. The kids were happy... we were happy. It was the perfect way to keep doing the Disney thing, but be out of the crowds and done with the walking.

Daxton with his second favorite Disney character . Max (Goofy's son) is his favorite, but Goofy said he was sleeping. Too bad.


Day two was spent at LEGOLAND! We were all pretty excited because none of us have been there before. There were some really great things about it, and some not so great things.

Entering the park


A little stroller derby between Brandon and my brother Chris.


This fountain, along with lots of other things at the park, doesn't work unless you make it work. Grady is standing on the circle to make the drum spray water.


Eaten by the Duplo Lion.


No, silly. I didn't go to India... that's made out of legos!


NYC made out of Legos.


A bad pic of Grady and Dark Mater (his words not mine).

So, the best part about Legoland was all the cool Lego sculptures and seeing how legos are made. The bad thing was that most of the rides required a height that was above Grady's. We had to tell him too many times that he wasn't tall enough. It's a kids theme park for crying out loud. Where are the kids rides?

Day 3 was spent at California Adventures. We started the day in the Bugs Life area which was cleverly built to make you feel like a tiny bug. Here we are on a little train...

Daxton and I waiting to drive the bumper cars.

Riding in the lady bug spinner things.


Brandon, Grady, Daxton and Grandma

We left California Adventures early so we could take My brother and his family and my mom to the airport. After that we drove home. Here is the scene in the car about 10 minutes into the drive...


9 comments:

Kari said...

What a great time!! I am anxious to take my little ladies back, there's definitely something about Disneyland that makes you feel like a kid again!

Nichols Family said...

Definately the best! You took your baby? Wow, you are SuperMomma.

Rob and Jenn said...

I'm so happy to see you with your mom before she leaves. And I have to agree with Nichols family, you are SuperMomma! I wish we bumped into each other in Cali., maybe next time!

Pam Jorgensen said...

wow...very fun! I miss Disneyland. I grew up not far and we use to go all the time...now it's far and expensive. I hope we can make it back before my kids are too big to care.

Heidi Ann said...

Killer three days! I'm so glad you had such a fun time! Seriously, you have the cutest little men! I'm sure your one last hurrah with mom was so wonderful!

Michelle Bradley said...

You are amazing you have your pictures up already! Looks like fun, tiring but fun!

Niederfam said...

Does it get any better than that??? I love it, super mom INDEED!!! I still believe in the magic that place holds, and it's even better with your own kids, huh???? BTW darling little carseat for Tabitha, CUTE fabric.....:)

Shanen said...

What a fun and busy 3 days. That is a great way to spend some last minute time with your mom. What great memories, and what a better place ot spend them than at "The Happiest Place on Earth." We love it there too.

foreveryoung said...

FUN!FUN!FUN! You make me want to go back! I've heard several other recommendations for Goofy's kitchen, we'll definately have to try it. Those car pictures are classic, definately a sign of a long day of fun!