Monday, January 14, 2008

Waiting Around....

I've been reflecting all morning about the advantages to having a SCHEDULED c-section. My friend Renae is probably holding her little boy (Tate, i think) right this very moment thanks to her scheduled c-section this morning. There is an enormous part of me that envies her right now. She has met the little bean that Heavenly Father has sent to their family. I WANT THAT SO BAD!
I'm a little uncomfortable these days, but it's not as bad as I remember with the boys. More than anything I just want to meet my DAUGHTER. I want to see her little face, and toes, and nose. I want to have the WAITING over with. I have a bit of a type A personality (just like mom) and not knowing or controlling the exact moment that I go into labor is really difficult for me. I spent yesterday walking up and down my stairs (even though the boys thought I was a little crazy), vacuuming whatever I could, and envisioning the flower spreading it's petals (ever heard of that one?). I figure if I do these things and I go into labor then it meant I did have control and I can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Last Monday I was dialated almost to a 3, 75% effaced, and at a +2 station. Things are working, but not really as quickly as I want. I have another appointment this morning and I DREAM of having the doctor tell me, "oh my goodness, your water is about to break... you better get to the hopital NOW!" Wouldn't that be great! January 14th would be a good birthday for Tabitha to have.
For now, I'm not so patiently waiting around for this huge, life-altering event to take place in my life. I'm as ready as I think I can be without going over everything that could go wrong during the birthing process. I'm trying not to stress about the little things. My house is clean, as is my car. We finished a bunch of projects this weekend. We're ready and waiting.
I'm trying not to call my family members very often because I know they're all waiting around for "the call", and I don't want to disappoint them. I am thrilled that they are all coming this weekend... baby or not. I may need the distraction.

5 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

I had 3 C-sections and it does have it's perks (besides the recovery and being drugged the first few hours after the baby is born). I think pregnant women are so beautiful and you look great. I am so jelious you are having a little girl so soon. I am excited for your shower just so I can have an excuse to buy a girl outfit for once :)

Niederfam said...

She'll come, I promise.....it will be at the exact moment you are NOT ready though, hello??? Isn't that what parenting is really about, your LACK of control??? :) HANG IN THERE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Bill that you look totally comfortable and could go another month - sorry, but you do. Daughters are the greatest blessing (right next to sons) ever, so it should be a little harder than we'd like to get them here. Tabatha is going to take so much work, Bill and I will take Dax off your hands???

Pam Jorgensen said...

Each day at the end of a pregnancy is like a whole other month. I'm sorry you have to wait...maybe by the time you read my comment you will have already had her!

Unknown said...

I was so excited to look at your blog today, I thought for sure I would see cute pics of Tabitha! (LOVE the name by the way!) I know most of the old wives tales about trying to start labor yourself...some of them are just crap but think about it, after you deliver, they want you to nurse the baby pretty soon as to start the uterus contracting (suckling = contractions). Now, I am not suggesting that Brandon go and get all crazy but a LITTLE stimulation couldn't hurt?! :) sorry, was that TMI for the blog?