Thursday, September 06, 2007

Pictures for Elder Rohner

So, this is what we did for Labor day... I slept in while Brandon made a wonderful breakfast of French Toast and Turkey Bacon (don't knock it til you've tried it). After a yummy breakfast we went to a neighborhood party where they had huge blowup slides and ice cream. The fire department was there and the kids got wet with the big fire hose. I didn't take my camera, so no pics of all that.
In the afternoon I got a call from my mom telling me she is going to go on a mission after my baby comes. I was too busy dealing with my devastation to attend the lunch BBQ and swimming at a friends house, so I sent the boys with their dad. Brandon managed to remember to take one picture, and here it is...


Cute, aren't they? So, they came home a couple hours later and we all got ready for the annual BBQ at the Rohner's. I know Brandon's brother Austin checks in on the blog from Brazil when he has some time, so I wanted to post some pictures of his family. Here they are...

Cousin Casey Bowen juggling his fire batons.


The family watching Casey juggle.


Brandon and Austin's dad eating his dinner.

Brandon and Austin's mom making faces for the camera.


Jack, the baby of the family, playing in his shark pool.


Brandon and Justin trying to juggle.


Rachelle with Tawsi.


Grady, Mason, and Daxton with their Uncle Talon, who they all just LOVE!


Britney and Grandma Rohner. Don't they both look GREAT!

Rachelle and Casey visiting under the new gazebo and on the flagstone patio Rachelle has been dreaming about forever.


Justin and Brandon pausing from their juggling to pose for me.


I think they were playing Thomas the Train... Mason's favorite.


After a long day in the sun- Mason and his new Thomas jammies,
and Grady in his old hand me down's.

It was a good day of family and fun. I could have gone without my mom's news, but I'm coming to terms with it. I guess I should have known it was coming... she is a very strong and faithful servant of our Heavenly Father. She is a great example and inspiration to me.

5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Wow, a mission, that's huge! Good for her, but I can imagine how hard it is going to be for you, you guys have an amazing relationship!

Chelsea said...

What an awesome Mom you have! that is so great that you have such an example in your life. Cute pics!

Crystal said...

Wow, I don't know what I would do if my parents left on a mission right now. Good for her. It's got to be hard for her to leave all of you, too!

Kristin said...

I'm sad for you! I am so glad that she is going but I know it will be hard on both of you. I am glad you had a good holiday. I love family functions, some might call them disfunctions...But I love them all the same. There is nothing better in the whole world!

Michelle Bradley said...

What cute posts you have! Your design looks adorable too! What a great tribute to the titanic, I also am fascinated by that sad tragedy. I liked reading the facts you posted.