- The boys went with us to yesterday's ultrasound. On the way there Daxton guessed that the baby was a girl. Grady guessed it was a boy. I guessed it was a boy too.
- As they expect the mom to have a full bladder during the ultrasound, I really had to go potty, but the minute I laid down on the table and saw our baby I totally forgot how uncomfortable I was.
- When we were in the ultrasound room the boys couldn't sit still... and weren't all that interested in watching the baby. I, on the other hand, was mesmerized.
- The ultrasound tech looked for gender first. I saw the "three lines" that indicate a girl before she made the announcement, but didn't dare believe that's what I saw.
- I expected I would cry if I was told it was a girl, but I could do nothing but giggle and stare at my baby girl on that little screen.
- There is still a part of me that won't believe I'm really having a girl until she comes out.
- When the ultrasound was finished I got up to potty and the boys and Brandon waited in the hallway for the pictures. Apparently Grady saw a larger nurse coming down the hall. He said, "look dad, she has a BIG BODY!" Brandon was grateful the nurse didn't hear, but then Grady decided to say it louder, and the nurse was closer. She looked at Grady and said, "it's kind of hard to miss, isn't it." I think Brandon was mortified. I'm glad I was in the bathroom.
- We went back out to the waiting room and Brandon left to take the boys to his mom's house while I had my appointment with Dr. Joe. I think the bigger nurse was in charge of calling people back because I was the last one called out of the waiting room and I had to wait forever.
- Last night Brandon was shooting down pretty much every name I came up with.
- At one point Grady walked by and said... I know a good name... STICKER! He's a crackup.
- Daxton wants to name her Annie.
- I am having a GIRL!
- I still don't know what to think about the whole thing. I hope she's patient with me... and her dad.
5 comments:
Too funny!! Gotta love kids, they say the darndest things, eh??? :)
Out of the mouth of babes, right? Thanks for the laugh! Congrats again on your little girl, now she can be a part of your pink world ;)
NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so LUCKY! and you didn't even do any special tricks!? The "Big Body" comment had me CRACKING up!!!! Oh my gosh, I have a worse one... we were standing in a line & there was an obese woman, directly behind us, very close. Brayden pointed & said, "look mama, she has a BIG baby in her belly!" I froze. Gave him the death look. He was confused why I would be mad about a pregnant lady, so he repeated himself a couple times! I wanted to die right then & there.
CONGRATS again! and I love the look of your blog!! oh and the vinyl words look great too, that is my kids favorite bedtime "lullaby."
No special tricks for us, other than maybe a prayer or two on my part that maybe it mighta could be a girl. I felt a little guilty asking so I don't think I asked more than twice.
Brayden's story is so funny. Kids just don't know any better. When I got back from the potty Brandon was just shaking his head. I asked what happened and he said, "oh, Grady's just being a kid."
Have you ever considered Bosha, or Birthanita for names? Those are really becoming common, but still so so pretty. Let me know if you need any other suggestions.
Post a Comment