What started out as a beautiful and quiet Monday morning became total chaos when Haydon's birthday party got underway. Haydon can't get enough of Pirates these days. Who can blame him when Johnny Depp makes pirates look OH SO GOOD! Anyway... Haydon wanted to celebrate his 3rd birthday in pirate fashion, and his mom thought it would be fun to do it with the cousins. So, during their visit we had the most creative birthday party I've ever seen. Tyfani and Rachelle did a GREAT job and Daxton said it was the most fun party he's ever been to.
It started with Rachelle reading the kids a story- How I became a pirate. For any of you who've seen Rachelle read a story, you know it was fantastic. She's a great storyteller and she had all the kids engrosed.
After the story she took them on a treasure hunt. They had to follow a treasure map and walk the plank over a mud pit (actually one of our tree circles).
The kids ate and then we blew up the waterslide for the kids to play on during the rest of the party. There were also water baloons and super soakers. If the state of my house and back yard was any indication of how much fun they had, I'd say they had a GREAT time.
2 comments:
Your family seems to come up with the best party ideas. I'm going to have to remember that one for when I have a little pirate loving son. Your boys are getting so big. I love the colors of paint in your house. Will you take pictures of your place and blog them or email me. I'd love to see what you have done.
So cute! I'm definately going to have to copy some of those ideas for one of Jayden's parties. Thanks for letting Kylie come over and play (or I guess "watch") during the water slide. And I am so with you on Johnny Depp!!
Post a Comment