So I was out running one night and this dog decides to follow me home. When I got home I went in through the back gate because Brandon and the boys were in the backyard. So this Pug is sitting at the gate and whining. I ignore it- figuring it will go away eventually. Brandon and the boys hear it and open the gate to see it. When Brandon decided they'd seen enough he closed the gate- also thinking the dog would go home. It didn't. The darn thing moved to our front door and started scratching and whining. I was getting irritated- I'm not a dog person and I didn't want our front door to get all scratched up. Brandon (who used to own a pug named Porsche), asks if we should give it some water. NO, I say. I did not want the dog to think it had a new home.
Brandon took pity on the dog and let it into the back yard. Daxton was so excited- he kept saying things like, "Mom, look how sad he is. He wants us to keep him." "Mom, isn't he SO cute." We have a stuffed Pug that Brandon's mom gave him for his birthday a couple years ago. Daxton calls him Porch- he has a hard time hearing the difference between Porch and Porsche. Of course Daxton got out the stuffed dog and kept showing it to the real dog.
I was getting ready for book club and told Brandon I wanted the dog to be gone before the boys woke up in the morning. I left and when I got home the dog was gone. One of the neighbors agreed to walk it around and knock on people's doors. I don't know where it ended up, but the important thing is- it isn't at our house. The boys ran to the back door when they woke up in the morning. They were sad the dog was gone. I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment