Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Decorating a Monster




Brandon insisted on putting up the big tree this year, even though we won't be around to enjoy it. I put up most of the tree by myself last sunday while he was in meetings. I made him promise, though, that if I put the tree up, he'd put the lights on. So, a week later, the lights were on and we were ready to decorate. I'm working toward having a color coordinated tree, so I had some restrictions on what could go on the tree. Brandon was not happy to give up his pipe cleaner mountain biker that he made the first year we were married. If he'd made it out of green and red and white pipe cleaners it would be on the tree- but... he didn't. I told him it could go on the little tree next year. The boys enjoyed putting on the ornaments they made, but Grady insisted on putting them all on the same branch. I remedied that later. It is a beautiful tree, but I don't look forward to taking it down.

No comments: