Daxton has Chores!!!! Yeah, we love it! I am still trying to talk myself into relinquishing control of things like making his bed. I know it's not going to look perfect if I let him do it, and that's OK, right? I'm still undecided, but for now, vacuumming the stairs is a perfect job for him because it doesn't really matter that much how good a job he does.Brandon's been teasing me because I say there is no way I'll ever give the kids "cleaning the kitchen" as a chore. That is my turf, and it will only get clean the way I want it if I do it myself. So for now, Daxton is safe. He just has to vacuum the stairs and wipe down the dining room chairs.
Daxton on his first day of preschool (this year anyway). In the background is Mr. Dave, the bus driver. Daxton loves to ride the bus, and Mr. Dave says he is one of the most social kids on the bus. He spends the whole ride chatting up his friends.
Yoga Brothers. I'm not sure what they were watching, but it was something on PBS that got them doing "downward facing dog". We love public television-way to get the kids moving! Oh, and don't mind those frumpy training pants on Grady- they aren't designed to be stylish, only effective!
Hamming it up before bed. Grady is showing off his chompers- again. It is so hard to get a good picture of him these days.
1 comment:
There we go!! Now I can comment. You are such a good mom. I love that Daxton is doing his chores. It is hard to give up having things look right to have them learn responsiblity. Grady is so big. I think he looks like your dad. The boys look like they are interacting really well with each other.
Post a Comment