Thursday, July 13, 2006

The People of Mongolia

Brandon, Multsetseg, and I the morning we left for Hong Kong. Multsetseg was our guide and translator and she served a mission in Russian, Latvia, and Lithuania- I think. She speaks four languages and was just wonderful. We love her.
This is Brandon and I with Bataar and his wife, whose name I can't remember, but I wouldn't be able to spell it anyway.
If you're wondering about the VIP entrance, there's a story behind that. When we arrived at the airport at 3am mongolia time, our group was quickly escorted away from the rest of the passengers, and into a lavishly furnished room. Sister Ingtushen, another of my grandparents friends, had arranged for us to sit in this room while the airport employees got us through customs and collected our baggage. After 30 hours of travel, you can imagine how wonderful it was to not have to wait in line. Surprisingly, when we left we got the same VIP treatment, and didn't even wait at the gate. In fact, I don't even know what a gate at the Ulanbataar airport looks like, come to think of it. Those Mongolians sure know how to treat their guests.


Sorry, I know all of this is out of order, but I'm still trying to get the whole thing down.

No comments: