
Do we look like tourists, or what! This was taken inside an enormous ger (the traditional mongolian house- it's round with a hole in the ceiling for smoke ventilation). Most gers that are used as homes don't have thrones in them, but this one was used for special occasions I guess.

This is Cole, who had decided he was through with touring the tourist ger village and had gone to meditate. Before long, the mongolian children that were running around the camp wandered over to find out what he was doing. He says they kept trying to talk to him like he would eventually understand them. He kept telling them "I don't understand what you're saying", with just as much conviction that they might eventually understand him. It was funny.

GAG! This is the meat market- literally. It was disgusting. I managed to walk in the door, snap the pic, and turn around and walk back out. There is no refrigeration, and no covering over the meat. Also, there is meat all over the floor, as you can see. The rest of the group walked through the whole thing. Jessie wouldn't even look at meat for lunch that afternoon.

Only Steve can make a camel look petite. Chris, Brandon, and Steve all had the "opportunity" to ride the stinky beasts. They each took a leisurly jaunt through a field and back. I had considered riding one myself, until I smelled them and saw Brandon swatting flies during his entire ride. No Thanks!

Doesn't Brandon look like a fierce Mongolian warrior?
No comments:
Post a Comment